If you access the Site from Canada, you agree that by using the Site, you are expressly and affirmatively consenting to the transfer of your data out of Canada to the United States and acknowledge that United States governments, courts of law enforcement or regulatory agencies may obtain disclosure of your data through the laws of the United States.
The information we gather on the Site may be shared within the GWE affiliated companies in order to deliver the products and services we offer or in order to undertake analysis of our database. "Affiliated companies" means entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with Girls World Expo, LLC.
The GWE Website contains links to other Websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other Websites to which you choose to link from our GWE Website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other Websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information by GWE
You can use our Site without revealing any information about yourself. In this case, we gather or may gather certain information about your use of our Site, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. Our Web server may collect the following information about your computer hardware and software: IP address, domain name, browser type and version, operating system type and version, the referring Website, the Website you visit next and access times.
This information is used to evaluate different aspects of the GWE Website, including monitoring Site performance for systems administration purposes, improving the functionality of the Site, and reporting aggregate information to our clients and prospective customers (e.g. how much traffic we get to the Site). Statistics about traffic patterns and Site usage are reported on an aggregate basis only and do not include any personal information that identifies individuals.
When you create an account or register to attend or participate in an Expo on the GWE Website, we may collect information from you including but not limited to your name, location, photo and email address.
If collected, we use this information to:
- provide registrants with information about upcoming expos and various elements of upcoming expos.
- provide advertisers with aggregate information about our database.
Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of the Site, such as in online forums or chat rooms, such information may be collected and used by others over whom GWE has no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Site.
We may use email addresses to send registrants, advertisers or sponsors messages about updates to the Site, new features or services and current offers. We may use email addresses to send information about advertisers or sponsors. Users may decline receiving such messages from GWE online.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to GWE, such as service announcements, administrative messages, information about specific expos and your interests (such as relevant entertainment, services, educational or career development opportunities), and the GWE newsletters that are considered part of your GWE account. Should you choose to submit feedback to GWE, such feedback becomes our property and we can use such feedback (such as testimonials) for marketing purposes or to contact you for further information.
If you wish to make changes to your registration information, you can contact our service team by emailing us at email@example.com
GWE reserves the right to deactivate or delete a registrant’s file at our discretion.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, or your combined personal and demographic information or information about your use of the GWE Website, except as set forth below:
- We disclose information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you indicate that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties at the time you register, we supply your contact information to third parties such as advertisers, sponsors, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third-party.
- We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our Web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
- We disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- We disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event we become the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we or our trustee in bankruptcy may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the bankruptcy court. You will be notified of a sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party via email or through a prominent notice posted on the GWE Website.
We use "cookies" to help us personalize and maximize your online experience and time online. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a Web page server. They are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies permit GWE to recognize you when you access the GWE Website, thus enabling us to deliver a more personalized experience.
Cookies are used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to your use of the Site. If you are searching, a cookie is used to carry the search request data from the request page to the results page. This cookie, by itself, does not tell us your email address or who you are. If you register with GWE, cookies assist us in recognizing you on subsequent visits and recall your specific information (e.g. user name or password).
You can adjust the settings on your Web browser to decline all cookies, if you prefer. You may also be able to modify your browser settings so that you are notified each time a cookie is tendered and decide to accept or decline it. Declining cookies may hinder the performance of the GWE Website.
We allow third-party companies to collect certain information from US users that visit our website using one of several branded URLs advertised to US audiences. These companies may utilize cookies, pixels, or other technologies to collect and use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. We do not allow similar collection of similar information from CA users that visit our web site using one of several branded URLs advertised to CA audiences. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit the websites of the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info
and Networking Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Security of the Personal Information
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using GWE Website products and services. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to register to attend or participate in a Girls World Expo. For example, a parent or other adult must register on behalf of a child who wishes to attend, perform, volunteer or apply to be on the Advisory Board of a GWE Expo.
If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, outside the above circumstances we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
If at any time a parent needs to access, correct, or delete data associated with their child’s account, they may contact us through one of the options provided at the bottom of this page.
GWE will inform individuals who make inquiries or lodge complaints about its inquiry or complaint procedures, as applicable. If a complaint is found to be justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending our policies and practices.
For more information about your personal privacy rights under Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act or to file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, please contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.privcom.gc.ca
or by calling 1-800-282-1376.
Girls World Expo, LLC. is a New York LLC with its principal place of business at 247 West 46th Street, Suite PH1, New York, NY 10036.
Thank you for using GirlsWorldExpo.com.