Girls of Merit sponsored by:
Thanks for a great first year in Tucson! It was a fantastic show!
475 N. Granada Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85701
12PM - 4PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from Tucson who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the Tucson area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
Congratulations 2018 Tucson Girls of Merit!Sponsored By:
Danielle & Heather Barton
Meet our Advisory Board
Art Show Coordinator
Serena Gabriela Martinez
Social Media/Public Relations Manager
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-12:45PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
Debbie Rich Sisco
A special thank you to girls who have proven themselves exceptional members of the community through their actions, activities, leadership, and positive influence on others.
Debbie Rich Sisco CEO, Girl Scout Council of Southern Arizona
Submit questions anonymously and get answers instantly...like Google, but without a search history. And with advice from actual experts! This is your chance to ask those personal and crazy – gotta know! questions. No moms allowed. (For ages 13+)
Daniela Zasa Director of Programs, Youth On Their Own
Find yourself struggling to complete daily activities with your teen? Wouldn’t it be great if they just did what they were supposed to do without all the struggle? Learn how to stop playing the guessing game and parent with confidence. This presentation will introduce you to an empirically-based approach for improving daily routines and interactions with your teen.
Jeannie Long Owner, Behavior Bake
Learn who you are! We all have unique qualities, let's find your best qualities, maximize on them and achieve the very best YOU! Learn who "they" are. Learn how to quickly identify someone's personality type, their unique qualities and even their behavior styles that can tell you who "they" really are. This is one of the most powerful tools you will ever learn. Surrounding yourself with the right people, at the right time, at any time throughout your life, will make the difference in how successful you will be! "Great things don't just happen to great people, great things happen to people who surround themselves with greatness!"
Jennifer Philips CEO/Founder, Good to Glam
With the help of a panel of local teenage boys, we will attempt to unravel the inner-mysteries of the male brain or at least try! (Results not guaranteed.)
John Elliot Quality First Redesign Specialist, United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona
Meet some of the area’s fiercest females.Presented by:
- JoAnna Mendoza Retired US Marine Drill Instructor & Military and Veteran Advisor, Pima Community College
- Violet Maestas Patrol Sergeant, Eloy Police Department
- Carrie Clark Firefighter/Paramedic, Tucson Fire Department
|JoAnna Mendoza||Violet Maestas||Carrie Clark|
Wen Chi Chien
Learn to speak your truth by tuning in to your higher self; feel loved and supported from within; create loving relationships by expressing your feelings and setting boundaries with others. Remember, you are not here to compete, you are here to connect; you are not here to suffer, you are here to celebrate! Celebrate the fact that you are Powerful Beyond Measure! It’s time to let yourself shine like a Superstar!Presented by Wen Chi Chien
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- Tucson Girls Chorus
- Ballet Folklorico Los Tucsonenses
- Heart & Soul Dance
- Revolution Elite Cheer - Cheerleading
- Girls Mean Business - BeBe Bartoons Lip Balm Danielle & Heather Barton from Tucson, AZ are two young entrepreneurs of BeBe Bartoons Lip Balm. These girls have made it to Shark Tank this coming season. They have a lip balm product all girls will love!
- Kenzia Marie - Spoken Word - Spoken Word
Workshops & Demos
BOGI LATEINER - AUTO
Bogi is someone who walks the talk. She has been a professional mechanic since 2001, a shop owner since 2006 and a host of Velocity’s TV show ‘All Girl’s Garage since 2012. Bogi loves that All Girls Garage is inspiring the next generation of women who want to work on their cars.
NICOLE TURINANicole Turina is a world-class archer. Turina stands 17th in international archery rankings and began archery at the end of her freshman year. Her goal…to become an Olympian!
SOUTHWEST BOXING GYM
TUCSON’S RISING PHOENIX FITNESS & DEFENSE
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 - 4:00PM
- Girls of Merit Award Ceremony sponsored by Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona
- College & Career Coaching - Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- Live Music & Dance Performances
- Girls World of Art Show - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- Exhibitor Marketplace - A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibit your goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Girls World of Sports sponsored by PSE Archery - Be it volleyball, yoga, boxing, dance, etc... Take care of you body through fun and ﬁtness.
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
May 5, 2019
Southern Illinois, ILEXPO INFO
May 19, 2019
Raleigh, NCEXPO INFO
September 15, 2019
Fayetteville, AREXPO INFO
September 22, 2019
Columbus, OHEXPO INFO
October 20, 2019
Staten Island, NYEXPO INFO
October 27, 2019
Decatur, ILEXPO INFO
October 27, 2019
Harrisburg, PAEXPO INFO
November 9, 2019
San Francisco, CAEXPO INFO
November 10, 2019
Ft. Wayne, INEXPO INFO
November 24, 2019
Syracuse, NYEXPO INFO
December 8, 2019
Albany, NYEXPO INFO