4645 Heatherdowns Blvd
Toledo, OH 43614
12PM - 4PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from Toledo who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the Toledo area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-12:45PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
In this seminar, I will share my journey through mental health and recovery. I will also share a few stories about others who have faced similar challenges. I am not yet in the position of giving official mental health training or suicide prevention training, but my talks have been reviewed and looked over by people in the suicide prevention field and have been shaped to help others. I offer successful tips and points of discussion many people are still not willing to discuss about topics that society tends to ignore. The goal is that young women will leave with a determination to learn, discuss, educate, and fight for a world without stigma.
Matti-Lynn Chrisman Miss Ohio, Miss Ohio Scholarship Program
Becoming assertive involves developing an awareness of what you need and want and believing that you have the right to ask for what you want. You treat yourself and your needs with the same respect and dignity as you’re expected to give to others. Acting assertively is a way of developing self-respect and self-worth. There is a two-way interaction between self-esteem and assertiveness. You may be surprised that assertive behavior brings you a greater response and increased respect from others and this experience, in turn, enhances your self-worth.
Nina Corder Managing Director, Women Of Toledo
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- Royalty Dance Team
- Bowling Green State University Dance Team
Workshops & Demos
ELITE KARATE ACADEMY DEMONSTRATION TEAM- Elite Karate Academy
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 - 4:00PM
- Girls of Merit Award Ceremony
- Pamper Me Lounge - Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Fitness Demos
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Live Music & Dance Performances
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- Girls World of Art Show - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Exhibitor Marketplace - A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibit your goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- College & Career Coaching - Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
We are currently looking for:
- Nominations for Girl of Merit - Deadline for nominations: Thursday, January 24th
- Members for our Girls Advisory Board
- Exhibit your goods and services and sell your products to girls and their moms in this upbeat, fun and inspiring atmosphere
- Sponsors - advertise your local business
- Submissions for the Girls World of Art
- Submissions for the "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
December 9, 2018
Albany, NYEXPO INFO
January 12, 2019
Lexington, KYEXPO INFO
January 26, 2019
Tucson, AZEXPO INFO
February 10, 2019
Toledo, OHEXPO INFO
February 16, 2019
Bryan-College Station, TXEXPO INFO
February 17, 2019
Decatur, ILEXPO INFO
March 3, 2019
Bloomington, ILEXPO INFO
March 3, 2019
Fresno, CAEXPO INFO
March 10, 2019
Detroit, MIEXPO INFO
March 24, 2019
Pittsburgh, PAEXPO INFO
March 30, 2019
Midland-Odessa, TXEXPO INFO
March 31, 2019
Buffalo, NYEXPO INFO
April 14, 2019
Hudson Valley, NYEXPO INFO
November 10, 2019
Ft. Wayne, INEXPO INFO