3415 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
12PM - 4PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from Raleigh who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the Raleigh area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-12:45PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
Meet some of the area’s fiercest female visionaries and hear how they're helping change the game for girls.
Cheslie Kryst Attorney/State Titleholder, Poyner Spruill LLP/Miss Universe Organization
Submit questions anonymously and get answers instantly...like Google, but without a search history. And with advice from actual experts! This is your chance to ask those personal and crazy – gotta know! questions. No moms allowed. (For ages 13+)
You're perfect just the way you are! Don't let social pressures make you question yourself or your worth. Be proud to be unique. Be proud to be YOU!
Have you ever noticed a friend acting differently or pulling away? How do you respond if you think your friend is dealing with a mental health issue? Lauren Foster is here to discuss common signs and symptoms of depression in tweens and teens, and here to give you some tools, resources, and information to help you respond if your friend (or yourself) is in need of a little help.
Lauren Foster Executive Director, HopeLine
A special thank you to girls who have proven themselves exceptional members of the community through their actions, activities, leadership, and positive influence on others.
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- Maricella Yates
- 8counts2dance Studio - Competitive Dance Team
- Just Dance Studio - Just Dance Divas
- Invictus Performing Arts Center - All The Stars
- K-Pop Dance
Workshops & Demos
WHITE TIGER TAEKWONDO - DEMONSTRATION TEAM
APEX SKIP-ITS - JUMP ROPE TEAM: JUMP ROPE HAS LEFT THE PLAYGROUND!
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 - 4:00PM
- Girls of Merit Award Ceremony
- Fashion Showcase - Find your inner fierceness with fashion tips and trends.
- Live Music & Dance Performances
- Exhibitor Marketplace - A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibit your goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- Girls World of Art Show - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- College & Career Coaching - Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- Cyber Lounge - Whether we know it or not, a lot of personal info is available online. So what happens if it falls into the wrong hands? Learn the facts about cyber safety and how to know when it's time to log off.
- Pamper Me Lounge - Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Fitness Demos
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
We are currently looking for:
- Local Ambassador
- Nominations for Girl of Merit - Deadline for nominations: Thursday, May 2nd
- Members for our Girls Advisory Board
- Exhibit your goods and services and sell your products to girls and their moms in this upbeat, fun and inspiring atmosphere
- Sponsors - advertise your local business
- Submissions for the Girls World of Art
- Submissions for the "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
March 3, 2019
Bloomington, ILEXPO INFO
March 3, 2019
Fresno, CAEXPO INFO
March 10, 2019
Detroit, MIEXPO INFO
March 16, 2019
Indianapolis, INEXPO INFO
March 24, 2019
Pittsburgh, PAEXPO INFO
March 30, 2019
Midland-Odessa, TXEXPO INFO
March 31, 2019
Buffalo, NYEXPO INFO
April 7, 2019
Bryan-College Station, TXEXPO INFO
April 14, 2019
Hudson Valley, NYEXPO INFO
May 5, 2019
Southern Illinois, ILEXPO INFO
May 19, 2019
Raleigh, NCEXPO INFO
May 19, 2019
Las Vegas, NVEXPO INFO
September 15, 2019
Fayetteville, AREXPO INFO
September 22, 2019
Columbus, OHEXPO INFO
October 20, 2019
Staten Island, NYEXPO INFO
October 27, 2019
Decatur, ILEXPO INFO
October 27, 2019
Harrisburg, PAEXPO INFO
November 3, 2019
Syracuse, NYEXPO INFO
November 9, 2019
San Francisco, CAEXPO INFO
November 10, 2019
Ft. Wayne, INEXPO INFO
December 8, 2019
Albany, NYEXPO INFO