Courtesy of My Computer Career!
Thank you Raleigh!
3415 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
12PM - 4PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from Raleigh who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the Raleigh area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
Congratulations 2019 Raleigh Girls of Merit!
Kyla Jordan Guilford
Meet our Advisory Board
Bright Ideas/Science Coordinator
Entertainment & Demo Stage Manager
Art Show Coordinator
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-12:45PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
Yolanda R. Bynum
This session is designed to take participants on a witty and candid journey of self-reflection and discovery. Participants will create their personal "I Am Already Enough" statements that shed light on not just what people see, but who they are. Participants will walk away with insight and resources for their own journey.
Yolanda R. Bynum Owner, Beyond Expectations Consulting
Michelle Weathersby, CQIA, PCLC
This seminar will show you how to use LinkedIn to make your profile attractive for scholarships and internships.
Michelle Weathersby, CQIA, PCLC CEO and Executive Coach, LENS Career Consulting Firm
Growing up can be filled with a variety of stressors. From dealing with pressures from school, wanting to fit in, facing bullying, conflicts with friends, family problems, and life changes such as moving or divorce can be a lot to manage. Sometimes life may feel overwhelming as you try to find your way and learn more about you who you are. So how do you cope with it all? A fantastic way to do this is through yoga. Yoga can help your mind and body to relax, build your self-esteem, and help you release your stress. This seminar will teach you some coping skills to better manage your feelings and bring you in a more peaceful mind. You will leave feeling lighter and in a much better place than when you came here this morning!
Chris McDonald Therapist, Path to Hope Counseling, Inc.
Meet some of the area’s fiercest female visionaries and hear how they're helping change the game for girls.Presented by:
- Dr. Jo Allen President, Meredith College
- Carnela Renee Hill CEO/Interior Designer/Author/Speaker, CR Hill Design Group, LLC
- Dina Schweisthal Founder/Owner, KNACK DIY Craft Studio
- BJ Davis Founder, Emerging Women NC
- Laura Little Titleholder, Miss North Carolina USA
|Dr. Jo Allen||Carnela Renee Hill||Dina Schweisthal||BJ Davis||Laura Little|
The Achievement Mindset Process (AMP) provides a roadmap for youth and adults to develop and manage performance and projects that are critical to living a life of happiness and success. The Achievement Mindset Process provides the blueprint to execute short-term and long-term goals.
Maxine Phillips Founder & President, GAMMS Unlimited
Do you struggle finding happiness and love when you see yourself in the mirror? Do you always strive for perfection with the way you look? Do you constantly find yourself comparing yourself to those around you or women on magazine covers or social media? This seminar will teach you ways to love the skin you are in! Learn ways to cope with perfectionism and the high standards that you put on yourself and your appearance. Be proud of who you are, let go of your high expectations, and be "you pretty."
Andrea Beardsley-Glover Licensed Mental Health Therapist and Mental Performance Coach, MentPhys Wellness
Have you ever noticed a friend acting differently or pulling away? How do you respond if you think your friend is dealing with a mental health issue? Lauren Foster is here to discuss common signs and symptoms of depression in tweens and teens, and here to give you some tools, resources, and information to help you respond if your friend (or yourself) is in need of a little help.
Lauren Foster Executive Director, HopeLine
THE REMARKABILITY FACTOR - “GIVE ME A PLACE TO STAND AND I CAN MOVE THE WORLD” The world needs your voice, the world needs the difference only you can make, and the world needs the unique gifts only you can bring to the world! SO HOW DO YOU STAND UP, STEP OUT, AND SPEAK UP? Everyone wants to find their voice and empower their voice. Gain the remarkabilty factor that makes your voice count! In this session, learn the 4 Power Skills to speaking, how to create a powerful open, and how to grab an audiences attention. Gain the techniques to create impact, influence, and confidence! Don't sell yourself short ever... You matter, your voice matters... Don't miss an opportunity to gain your Power, confidence, and voice! The world needs to hear what you have to say!
Bart Queen CEO and Founder, Bart Queen Speak America
A special thank you to girls who have proven themselves exceptional members of the community through their actions, activities, leadership, and positive influence on others.
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- China Iman - Musical Performance
- Graylyn Schieman - Musical Performance
- Maricella Yates - Musical Performance
- DaCiya Solice - Miss Black North Carolina USA - Musical Performance
- Nasayeh Williams - Miss Black North Carolina USA Talented Teen - Musical Performance
- Deprived Youth
- Akilah Anderson - Musical Performance
- 8counts2dance Studio - Competitive Dance Team
- Just Dance Studio - Just Dance Divas
- Invictus Performing Arts Center
- Ruby Slippers Performing Arts Association - Mountain Spirits
- Karla's Kids
- Taylor Nicole Hunt - Former Miss Black USA Princess - Tap Dance
- Alpha Sigma Omega Step Team
- Karlee Sanderford - Miss North Carolina's Outstanding Teen
- Longleaf School of the Arts - Kpop Club
- Bollywood Dance - Priya of Indigo Dance Academy
- Enchanted Special Events - Character Entertainers
- Miss North Carolina USA and Miss North Carolina Teen USA
- Swedish DJs NOTD (pronounced Noted) have been the choice remixers for major stars like Ed Sheeran, DJ Khalid & Demi Lovato! Their song ‘I Wanna Know’ featuring Bea Miller is certified Platinum & current single ‘So Close’ is currently #1 on the US Dance Chart.
- Indiana Massara - Host
- Boasting almost 1 MILLION Instagram followers Indiana Massara is a social media starlet. She’s also the star of the hit Youtube TV show Chicken Girls! Indiana recently went viral with her cover of Tiffany’s ‘I Think We’re Alone Now’.
- The Primplife Plan - "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase
- Sparkle Body Arts - Henna and Fairy Hair
- BBK Face Painting
- Raleigh Fashion - Fashion
Workshops & Demos
KICKS TAE KWON DO DEMO TEAM
VISION BOARDS FOR SUCCESS WITH SAN GRIFFIN
- Robotics Demo
WHITE TIGER TAEKWONDO
- Martial Arts Demo
- Robotics Demo
- Jump Rope Team: Jump Rope has left the playground!
KNACK DIY CRAFT STUDIO
- Mini Wood Sign Painting
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 - 4:00PM
- Girls of Merit Award Ceremony
- Fashion Showcase - Find your inner fierceness with fashion tips and trends.
- Live Music & Dance Performances
- Exhibitor Marketplace - A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibit your goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- Girls World of Art Show sponsored by Ultimate Comics - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- College & Career Coaching - Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- Cyber Lounge - Whether we know it or not, a lot of personal info is available online. So what happens if it falls into the wrong hands? Learn the facts about cyber safety and how to know when it's time to log off.
- Pamper Me Lounge - Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Fitness Demos
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
May 19, 2019
Raleigh, NCEXPO INFO
September 22, 2019
Columbus, OHEXPO INFO
October 20, 2019
Staten Island, NYEXPO INFO
October 27, 2019
Decatur, ILEXPO INFO
October 27, 2019
Harrisburg, PAEXPO INFO
November 9, 2019
San Francisco, CAEXPO INFO
November 10, 2019
Ft. Wayne, INEXPO INFO
November 24, 2019
Syracuse, NYEXPO INFO
December 8, 2019
Albany, NYEXPO INFO