Girls of Merit sponsored by:
It was another great expo in PIttsburgh!
910 Sheraton Drive
Mars, PA 16046
12PM - 4PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from Pittsburgh who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the Pittsburgh area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
Congratulations 2019 Pittsburgh Girls of Merit!Sponsored By:
Aiyana Mae Pierce
Marjani D. Howze-Jetter
Sophia J. Thomas
Meet our Advisory Board
Entertainment & Demo Stage Manager
Social Media/Public Relations Manager
Bright Ideas/Science Coordinator
Art Show Coordinator
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-1:00PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
Living your life online can be a daunting task. Join us in this interactive workshop that gives you the tools you need! Learn to harness perspective and live a healthy life on-line. Sponsored by UPMC Health Plan.
Val Silfee Director of Lifestyle Intervention, UPMC Health Plan
"I got this." That's what I kept saying to myself when I faced a difficult situation. "I got this - I would handle it, & I would do it all by myself!" I was missing the ONE THING that could help me with any difficult situation in which I faced. I want to tell you what that ONE THING is... This talk is an eye-opening series of real-life examples when being able to see things from a different view makes all the difference.
Katina Hunter Speaker/Speaking Coach & Realtor, Coldwell Banker
Join High School Physical Education Teacher Lyndsey Burneisen for 30 minutes of zen. We'll lead participants through a session of beginner yoga to help stretch and rejuvenate the body, followed by a mindfulness session to help calm the mind. Sponsored by PA Virtual Charter School.
Lyndsay Burneisen Physical Education Teacher, PA Virtual Charter School
A special thank you to girls who have proven themselves exceptional members of the community through their actions, activities, leadership, and positive influence on others. Sponsored by Casa D'Oro.
Dorothy Andreas Best Selling Author & President, Sewickley Spa
Denise Ann Galloni
Denise will show you how to find your authentic voice by telling you how she went from being invisible to speaking in front of people for a living. She will describe how you too can step out of the shadows and be more confident. You will leave recognizing you have the qualities and the voice to make a difference.
Denise Ann Galloni Owner & President, DG Training Solutions Inc.
Be a STAR, WWE’s anti-bullying initiative, has the mission to encourage young people to treat each other with respect through education and grassroots initiatives. Be a STAR promotes positive methods of social interaction and encourages people to treat others as equals and with respect because everyone is a star in their own right. Sponsored by Planet Fitness.Presented by:
- Juan Perez Vice President, Chief Operations Officer, Boys & Girls Club of Western Pennsylvania
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- Controlled Chaos
- University of Pittsburgh's Hip Hop Dance Crew
- Bell School of Irish Dance
- Presentation of Girls Mean Business Winner - Speaker - Sponsored by 84 Lumber
- Girls of Steel Robotics Workshop and Demo - "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase
- Women in Business – You CAN do it all! - 84 Lumber - Speaker
- Stacy Klein, Executive Director, Women's Business Enterprise and Building Hope Foundation, 84 Lumber
- Let's Improv!
- Olivia Hartle, Pittsburgh based improv coach and educator.
- Henna by Nora - Henna
- Pittsburgh Derby Brats - Roller Derby
- X-Cel Gymnastics - Gymnastics
Workshops & Demos
Tips and Tricks for easy makeup and hair! The experts from the South Hills and North Hills Beauty Academy are here to be your personal glam squad!
HULA HOOP STAGE DEMO
- Wendy Raviotta from UPMC Health Plan and owner of All Princess Parties. UPMC Health Plan wants to help you stay FIT and have FUN!
GIRLS ROCK! STONE PAINTING WORKSHOP
- Join local artist Marcy Sivitz to create your very own masterpiece!
Find your new career! Meet Pittsburgh Police and Firefighters to learn more about these fearless females and other career and internship opportunities available with the City of Pittsburgh.
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 - 4:00PM
- Girls of Merit Award Ceremony sponsored by Casa D'Oro
- Fashion Showcase sponsored by Babette's Gowns - Find your inner fierceness with fashion tips and trends.
- Live Music & Dance Performances
- Exhibitor Marketplace - A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibit your goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- Girls World of Art Show - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- College & Career Coaching sponsored by City of Pittsburgh - Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- Cyber Lounge - Whether we know it or not, a lot of personal info is available online. So what happens if it falls into the wrong hands? Learn the facts about cyber safety and how to know when it's time to log off.
- Pamper Me Lounge sponsored by South Hills/North Hills Beauty Academy - Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Fitness Demos
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase sponsored by Agora Cyber Charter School - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- Photo Booth
- Girls Mean Business sponsored by 84 Lumber - Enter our Girls Mean Business contest for the chance to win seed money to start your business. Submit your business idea (written paragraph or 3 minute video) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Wednesday, March 20. We can't wait to see your submissions.
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
May 5, 2019
Southern Illinois, ILEXPO INFO
May 19, 2019
Raleigh, NCEXPO INFO
September 15, 2019
Fayetteville, AREXPO INFO
September 22, 2019
Columbus, OHEXPO INFO
October 20, 2019
Staten Island, NYEXPO INFO
October 27, 2019
Decatur, ILEXPO INFO
October 27, 2019
Harrisburg, PAEXPO INFO
November 9, 2019
San Francisco, CAEXPO INFO
November 10, 2019
Ft. Wayne, INEXPO INFO
November 24, 2019
Syracuse, NYEXPO INFO
December 8, 2019
Albany, NYEXPO INFO