Thank you Midland-Odessa!
2514 Arena Trail
Midland, TX 79701
12PM - 4PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from Midland-Odessa who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partners, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the Midland-Odessa area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
Meet our Advisory Board
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-12:30PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
What in your life defines you? Do you think that who you are right now is who would will be in 5 or 10 years? Can you even see that far ahead? Come and spend time with Laura as she shares how she came to believe that no one could tell her that something was impossible.Presented by District Attorney - Laura Nodolf
The internet is an incredible resource, but it can also be extremely dangerous if you don’t understand what is lurking behind the scenes. Get bullet proof steps on how to handle cyber bullying, social media oversharing, and other tips to help you go online safely.Presented by Inez Hernandez from Abacus Computers, Inc.
We're all influenced by the trends in entertainment, fashion, and more. Culture is moved by what everyone is talking about or doing. Are you moved by what is popular instead of who you are? Come learn how to be trendy by embracing who you are!Presented by Military and Youth Speaker - Aisha Thomas
Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? The sky is the limit. Come be inspired and learn how to pursue and obtain your dreams while serving others in a rewarding medical profession. Learn how Anita Marshall, has blended her strengths and passions to achieve a meaningful and fulfilling career. Find out the secrets to her ongoing success. This is your chance to ask and connect with the expert. Share what’s important to you because smart career choices start now.Presented by Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Anita Marshall
Kristen Geez (Grant)
This interactive workshop is for girls who are ready to learn how to leverage their individual strengths, by creating road maps that will help them accomplish their long-term goals. we will explore approaches to addressing issues such as abuse, bullying, shame, lack of support and the negative impact of social media.
Kristen Geez (Grant) Founder, Advising Generation Z
Michelle Forest has worked in the credit union industry for over 20 years. In this session she will teach the importance of money in achieving life goals. Student loans? Saving money? Starting an online business? Michelle will take the fear out of all things financial!
Michelle Forest Marketing/Business Development Manager, MTCU
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- Christian Shedwin
- A Capella Singer
- Ballet Flamenco / Ballet Folklorico
- Hispanic Cultural Center of Midland, Inc.
- Legacy Elite Dance Performance
- DeZavala Steppers
- Henna & Face Painting by Maribel
- You Go Girl!: A Girl's Guide to Turning Her Dreams Into a Reality - Speaker
Workshops & Demos
'Girls AUTO Know' sponsored by Wood Motor Co.
One of the most exciting moments for a teenage girl is getting her driver's license! But this right of passage also brings responsibility. Learn basic maintenance & road safety. It's everything a girl AUTO know!
TAEKWONDO DEMONSTRATION- Yong In Lee's Martial Arts School
9362 SAMURAI ROBOTICS
MIDLAND CLASSICAL ACADEMY ROBOTICS
- Hot Bots
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 - 4:00PM
- Fashion Showcase sponsored by Lux Occasions - Find your inner fierceness with fashion tips and trends.
- Live Music & Dance Performances sponsored by Cinergy Cinemas
- Exhibitor Marketplace - A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibit your goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- Girls World of Art Show sponsored by Sandy's Nursery - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- College & Career Coaching sponsored by The Bosworth Company - Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- Cyber Lounge sponsored by Cream Lab N7 - Whether we know it or not, a lot of personal info is available online. So what happens if it falls into the wrong hands? Learn the facts about cyber safety and how to know when it's time to log off.
- Pamper Me Lounge - Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Fitness Demos
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase sponsored by Chevron - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- Girls World of Sports sponsored by Midland YMCA - Be it volleyball, yoga, boxing, dance, etc... Take care of you body through fun and ﬁtness.
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
March 24, 2019
Pittsburgh, PAEXPO INFO
March 30, 2019
Midland-Odessa, TXEXPO INFO
March 31, 2019
Buffalo, NYEXPO INFO
April 14, 2019
Hudson Valley, NYEXPO INFO
May 5, 2019
Southern Illinois, ILEXPO INFO
May 19, 2019
Raleigh, NCEXPO INFO
May 19, 2019
Las Vegas, NVEXPO INFO
September 15, 2019
Fayetteville, AREXPO INFO
September 22, 2019
Columbus, OHEXPO INFO
October 20, 2019
Staten Island, NYEXPO INFO
October 27, 2019
Decatur, ILEXPO INFO
October 27, 2019
Harrisburg, PAEXPO INFO
November 9, 2019
San Francisco, CAEXPO INFO
November 10, 2019
Ft. Wayne, INEXPO INFO
November 24, 2019
Syracuse, NYEXPO INFO
December 8, 2019
Albany, NYEXPO INFO