Sterling Merchant Solutions
GWE’s 1st annual Madison show held on October 28th was a huge success! The girls of Madison gathered to share, learn, engage and have fun! The hall was filled with over 50 exhibitors and 12 Sponsors ranging from the Carpenter’s Union, Infinity Martial Arts, IBEW-159, Pamper Me Lounges, Auto Dealers and more! Tweens and Teens watched live entertainment, everything from hip hop, martial arts to a fantastic fashion show. The girls had a chance to educate themselves on issues that affect their everyday lives. And finally, they were exposed to the products and services of GWE sponsors who each made a special commitment to this important demographic.
1 West Dayton St.
Madison, WI 53703
12PM - 4PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from Madison who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the Madison area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
Meet our Advisory Board
Entertainment & Demo Stage Manager
Art Show Coordinator
Bright Ideas/Science Coordinator
Bright Ideas/Science Coordinator
Social Media/Public Relations Manager
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-12:45PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
Submit questions anonymously and get answers instantly...like Google, but without a search history. And with advice from actual experts! This is your chance to ask those personal and crazy – gotta know! questions. No moms allowed. (For ages 13+)Presented by:
- Allegra C. Lewis from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Dane County
- Johnna Georgia Program Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Dane County
- Jasmine M. Jones Match Support Specialist, Big Brothers Big Sisters
|Allegra C. Lewis||Johnna Georgia||Jasmine M. Jones|
Meet some of the area’s fiercest female visionaries and hear how they're helping change the game for girls.Presented by:
- Emily Mills General Manager & Skater, Mad Rollin' Dolls
- Roxie Hentz Founding Executive Director, CEOs of Tomorrow, Inc.
- Julia Cremin Community Support Manager, Breathe For Change
|Emily Mills||Roxie Hentz||Julia Cremin|
Have you ever dreamed of owning a business one day? Have an idea for an awesome new product? Come explore the great stuff about being an entrepreneur (and okay, some of the challenges too). Learn how to test a business idea and see if you have what it takes to be a successful business owner.
Julann Jatczak Vice President of Impact Initiatives, WWBIC
Our Society pressures us to be so many different things…except ourselves! This seminar is designed to empower young women to be themselves. The world needs us to show up as ourselves and no one else. Vanessa McDowell will share her story of being who she is and where it has taken her.
Vanessa McDowell Chief Executive Officer, YWCA Madison
With the help of a panel of local teenage boys, we will attempt to unravel the inner-mysteries of the male brain or at least try! (Results not guaranteed.)
Chris Paris Educator, Madison Metropolitan School District
In this seminar, Rachel will be talking about how to find and apply to colleges and scholarships. She will discuss the importance of crafting a unique story, finding a niche, and self promotion. She will also cover format, writing style, and what essay readers are looking for.
Rachel Baldwin Program Assistant, PCNA - Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association
Learn about how to live your PASSION! Hewan will talk about her own personal journey, from the streets of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Sun Prairie, Wisconsin and her plan on how to GIVE BACK!
Hewan Schade Program Assistant, CEOs of Tomorrow, Inc
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- Paola Morales Solari - Girls Rock Madison
- Midnight Voices - A Capella Group
- Ananya Krishna singing Preludios; Madre Todas Los Noches
- Indian Classical Dance
- Dance Wisconsin Company
- Kehl School of Dance
- KASPer (Korean American Student Performers)
- Girls AUTO Know sponsored by Metro Ford
- Madison Roller Derby - Roller Derby
- Girls Mean Business…see local young entrepreneurs demoing their businesses. Sponsored by Sterling Merchant Solutions
- Fashion Show sponsored by Plato's Closet
- Jill of All Trades sponsored by Metro Ford, North Central States Regional Council of Carpenters Union and IBEW- Local 159
- Pamper Me Lounges sponsored by Chanell Ador and Tricoci University
Workshops & Demos
'Jill of All Trades' sponsored by Middleton Ford, IBEW-Local 159 and Carpenters Union
College isn't for everyone. Women can be plumbers, electricians, carpenters, welders and more. Find out about opportunities for a career in a hands-on trade or business you might not have considered.
'Girls AUTO Know' sponsored by Metro Ford of Madison
One of the most exciting moments for a teenage girl is getting her driver's license! But this right of passage also brings responsibility. Learn basic maintenance & road safety. It's everything a girl AUTO know!
INFINITY MARTIAL ARTS
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 - 4:00PM
- Pamper Me Lounge sponsored by Tricoci University and Chanell Ardor Schools of Beauty and Culture, LLC - Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Live Music & Dance Performances
- Exhibitor Marketplace - A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibit your goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- Girls World of Art Show - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- College & Career Coaching - Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- Fashion Showcase sponsored by Platos Closet - Find your inner fierceness with fashion tips and trends.
- Cyber Lounge - Whether we know it or not, a lot of personal info is available online. So what happens if it falls into the wrong hands? Learn the facts about cyber safety and how to know when it's time to log off.
- Girls World of Sports sponsored by Mad Rollin' Dolls - Be it volleyball, yoga, boxing, dance, etc... Take care of you body through fun and ﬁtness.
- Girls Mean Business sponsored by Sterling Merchant Solutions
- Enter our Girls Mean Business contest for the chance to win seed money to start your business.
Submit your business idea (written paragraph or 3 minute video) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is Wednesday, October 24. We can't wait to see your submissions.
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
September 29, 2019
St. Louis, MOEXPO INFO
October 19, 2019
Columbus, OHEXPO INFO
October 27, 2019
Harrisburg, PAEXPO INFO
November 9, 2019
San Francisco, CAEXPO INFO
November 10, 2019
Ft. Wayne, INEXPO INFO
November 24, 2019
Syracuse, NYEXPO INFO
January 26, 2020
Las Vegas, NVEXPO INFO
February 22, 2020
Indianapolis, INEXPO INFO
March 21, 2020
Detroit, MIEXPO INFO
March 28, 2020
Midland-Odessa, TXEXPO INFO