A 2nd great year in Albany!
660 Albany Shaker Road
Albany, NY 12211
Located at the entrance of the Albany International Airport.
12PM - 3PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from Albany who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the Albany area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
Congratulations 2018 Albany Girls of Merit!
Maya Danit Kamenir
Mia Noel Briffa
Meet our Advisory Board
Bright Ideas/Science Coordinator
Entertainment & Demo Stage Manager
Art Show Coordinator
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-12:30PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
Meet some of the area’s fiercest female visionaries and hear how they're helping change the game for girls.Presented by:
- Dr. Heather Stahura from Capital Cardiology Associates
- Dr. Donna K. Phelan from Capital Cardiology Associates
- Kizzy Williams from Allie B’s Cozy Kitchen
- Lakia Green Training Program Coordinator, Professional Development Program, Rockefeller College
- Patrica Allen Sister, St. Joseph
|Dr. Heather Stahura||Dr. Donna K. Phelan||Kizzy Williams||Lakia Green|
Vaping in teens is skyrocketing. Is it an epidemic? Are e-cigs Nicotine? Is it addictive? Get all these answers and more in this timely and important session.
Kristin Sweeter Grant Manager, Niskayuna Communication Action Program (N-CAP)
A special thank you to girls who have proven themselves exceptional members of the community through their actions, activities, leadership, and positive influence on others.Presented by:
- Fazana Saleem-Ismail from Jazzy Sun Birthdays
Taking care of your self is an inside job. Slowing down, digital breaks and stress management is as important to your overall heath as exercise and eating your veggies! Come hear how to take care of #1 inside and out! (Sponsored by MHANYS.)Presented by:
- Amy Molloy from Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc.
With the help of a panel of local teenage boys, we will attempt to unravel the inner-mysteries of the male brain or at least try! (Results not guaranteed.)Presented by:
- Justin Pruiksma Coach, Albany School District
- Decky Lawson Coach, Albany School District
|Justin Pruiksma||Decky Lawson|
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- Logan Henderson
Recording Artist, formerly of Big Time Rush, performs his new single..." PULL ME DEEP"
- Indian Classical Dance
- An Clar School of Irish Dance
- The Future of Talent
with celebrity guest Lilly K from Dance Moms.
Plus VIP ticket giveaway for "Sensational Seasonal Entertainment" featuring Lilly K and a former Radio City Rockette!
Workshops & Demos
HOLOGRAMS- Hoops By Jem
ROBOT DEMONSTRATION- Shaker Robotics
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 - 3:00PM
- Girls of Merit Award Ceremony
- Fashion Showcase - Find your inner fierceness with fashion tips and trends.
- Live Music & Dance Performances
- Exhibitor Marketplace - A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibit your goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- Girls World of Art Show sponsored by Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- College & Career Coaching - Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- Cyber Lounge - Whether we know it or not, a lot of personal info is available online. So what happens if it falls into the wrong hands? Learn the facts about cyber safety and how to know when it's time to log off.
- Pamper Me Lounge - Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
October 27, 2019
Harrisburg, PAEXPO INFO
November 9, 2019
San Francisco, CAEXPO INFO
November 10, 2019
Ft. Wayne, INEXPO INFO
November 24, 2019
Syracuse, NYEXPO INFO
February 22, 2020
Indianapolis, INEXPO INFO
February 23, 2020
Buffalo, NYEXPO INFO
March 1, 2020
Bloomington, ILEXPO INFO
March 8, 2020
Lexington, KYEXPO INFO
March 21, 2020
Detroit, MIEXPO INFO
March 28, 2020
Midland-Odessa, TXEXPO INFO
March 29, 2020
Cleveland, OHEXPO INFO